Monday, April 13, 2009

It's an honor just being nominated...




Many thanks to my pal Meri for awarding me awesome Kreativ Blogger Award, especially since she is one of the most creative people I've ever met!! Seriously, check out her blogs--you'll love em!

Anywho, I understand the rules of this to be as follows:


1. Link back to the person who gave you the award


2. List 7 things you LOVE


3. And last but not least, link to 7 blogs and let them know you have and award waiting for them on your blog


So, I have to admit that I've procrastinated a bit in posting this, because at this time in my life I seriously don't know too many things that I just LOVE. I mean, you all by now know about my obsession with my conditioner, and my mascara, and all that biz, but really 7 whole things that are to die for? Hhmmmm.....well here's what I've come up with, and I promise that I've really put thought into it, maybe not sweat and tears or anything, but I've definitely pondered it for more than 2 seconds. So without further ado, my 7 LOVES, in no particular order. (Besides GOD & the fam, of course

1. I love getting lost. Not the t.v. show. I love getting lost and disoriented. Maybe it's just because I'm kind of a human GPS sometimes, but I really do love going somewhere new and getting completely turned upside down and coming out unscathed on the right road to somewhere great. I'm thinking a therapist would have a heyday with this, but moving on.....


2. I love running. I love it in the rain especially. My perfect run would be a dark, drizzly, October afternoon with no one out except for the one guy who I encounter sometimes in the evenings. We usually manage to turn onto the same street at the same time, but on opposite sides. And then it's on, baby. We push each other and simultaneously kick each other's bootys for the next mile and then when we know we can't take anymore, we both just turn off onto other streets and that's that. It's a strange love/hate kinda thing with me and Mr Crazy Calves. We've never spoken and though we see each other at local races, it's always just a nod of respect and a look that screams "I'm gonna be ridin' your tail, so watch out!!" Oh my, enough adrenaline in this paragraph.


3. I love GAP curvy low-rise jeans. I know this sounds shallow, but as a girl with an ample backside that won't ever go away no matter how many miles of speedwork or lunges or powersquats I do, I am always on the look out for jeans that won't gap 3 inches in the waist or look like they're airbrushed on. Hence, my love for the curvy denim fit. They are cut a little more "generously"----secret code for you got a big bottom half, my friend, yet the waist is snug enough not to show your rhinestone thong everytime you tie your kid's shoe in the Wal-Mart. What???!! I have no idea where that came from. Strike that.


4. Okay, so number four has to be reading. And not sappy, grocery-store checkout romance novels, although, if that's what floats your boat, knock yourself out. Howeva, I read fast, and I love a book with alot of depth that keeps me thinking long after I've put it back on the shelf. That said, I don't want happy endings, or romance, or any form of sappiness. I don't want to read overly detailed, adjective filled paragraphs. Get to the point already!! And I know this will ruffle a few feathers, but there are very few women authors that I really enjoy. I am open to suggestions, though, so if you know of someone who will just rock my literary world, then please pass it to me!! I will read sci-fi, or crime lit, classics, and fantasy. Most genres I am pretty open to. Check out Goodreads if you are a reader, and find others who have the same literary taste as yours. I double-dog dare ya.


5. I love art. Painting, sculpture, photography, music, you name it. I wish we lived closer to some great galleries, so that I could just wander the halls and absorb all the talent and energy. I think that in "my old age" I have a much better appreciation for these things, since I've realized that they don't come so easily to me. Sure, I like to dabble in a few things and some of them I've even sold, but it's not without great effort and a sacrifice of time on my part. Being around the talented people I know, (pssss, that's you MOPs peoples) keeps me inspired and makes me want to try new things. You never know what secret talent you may have inside of you!!


6. Which brings me to number six. 30. I LOVE being 30. I truly do. There is such a freedom that 30 brings. Something that frees you from the body-image and career stresses of your 20's. The "I've gotta get it all figured out before I turn 30" mentality is no more. So what? I'm 30. I'm certainly not dead yet. No, I don't look awesome in a 2-piece bathing suit anymore, but it's because I bore 3 healthy, amazing children, and I'll take them over a that hot little paisley bandeau any day. Okay, most days. And although it can be a little discouraging to know that your life isn't on the same track that you thought it would be 10 years ago, rejoice, because at this stage in the game you should have more confidence in yourself to try new things and make the best of the path that you're on. So, embrace your 30s. Love your 30s, my friends, and remember that you are "fearfully and wonderfully made" no matter what age you are.


7. Finally, I love my MOPS moms. I truly do. Those who know me best, know that I have social anxieties, and that I've never been a real "girl's girl". I find it hard to relate to most women, and I feel ill-equipped in social situations. Seriously, I would rather have a pap smear, then have to walk into a party where I don't know anyone. My youngest sister, social-butterfly of the family, thinks this is hilarious and reminds me often that there is no way we can be related. Not so hilarious. But anyway, I tell you this to say that it was nothing more than an act of GOD and obedience on my part that brought me to this group of 80-some women, and then a year to be upfront as part of a co-ordinator duo. GOD has shown me in a most humbling way that I do in fact need people. This came as a shock since I've always been self-sufficient to a fault. However, as I began to serve and in return be ministered to, I found a comraderie with these women. Women of all backgrounds, races, and social statuses. Women of multiples and those who were awaiting the birth of their first little ones. Women who just want to feel appreciated and affirmed and loved, and to know that they aren't alone in this sometimes very lonely journey of motherhood. We've learned to laugh at ourselves and to cry on each other's shoulders and to pray for one another's trials. Sheesh, I hate all this sappiness :0) So, MOPS girls, if you're reading this, I love you, I thank GOD for each one of you. You have all taught me something valuable these last 2 years; some lessons I would rather not have learned, but all used to grow my faith. Thank you, thank you, and I can't wait to come back as your coordinator next year!!


And now for 7 inspiring women:


1. Suzanne at 4 boys and us

2. Meredith at small steps of faith


4. Angie at Bring the Rain

5. MckMama at My Charming Kids

6. Emily at Me and the Guys

and

7. Emily at The Webbs
smooches~e

3 comments:

  1. Hey Erin! I didn't realize you had a blog! I'll definitely be checking it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww thanks! it's such an honor just being nominated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin girl!

    Thank you so much for nominating me! Blogging has been a great way for me to process all the craziness of these past few months. Have to say that it made me gasp a little to think that you're 30! Love your look at life kiddo, always have.

    ReplyDelete